Used in cosmetics for skin and hair, Indian powders contain many effects. Ayurvedic powders come from dried and ground Indian plants, trees and flowers. They each have different therapeutic properties.
It is one of the beauty secrets of Indian women for healthy hair. It reduces hair loss, increases hair mass and volume (mixed with brahmi the action is enhanced). It boosts the scalp and hair growth, moisturizes them and makes them more resistant. The powder darkens the hair as it is used.
Properties of alma:
- Powerful regenerating, it stimulates the roots, promotes hair growth and slows hair loss.
- Anti-oxidant, it fights against the early white hair.
- facilitates hair colouring for darker shades.
The virtues of brahmi is great for hair growth, it helps hair grow, makes hair thicker, strengthens roots and blackens hair (good against the early appearance of gray hair) It eliminates dandruff and improves the condition of the scalp then makes hair soft and shiny. The virtues are multiplied when it is mixed with amla, shikakai, aritha, neem, maka or tulsi.
Properties of Brahmi:
- Toning, it promotes hair growth, while thickening and making hair shiny.
- Strengthens roots
- Blackens the hair (good against the early appearance of white hair)
- Eliminates dandruff and improves scalp condition
- Makes hair soft and shiny
KACHUR SUGANDHI POWDER
From the same family as the kapoor kachli. It activates hair growth and makes hair thicker, shiny and fragrant. Regular use helps hair growth by stimulating the roots. In addition, the powder naturally perfumes the hair.
Properties of Kachur Sunghandi
- activates hair growth
- Makes hair thicker, shiny and fragrant.
- helps hair growth by stimulating the roots.
KALPI TONE POWDER
Kalpi tone powder is a mixture of plants ( amla, brahmi, kapoor kachli, maka, neem, orange, shikakai .. ect) especially for brown hair, which is anti-dandruff and promotes hair growth. It brings a brown shade to the hair so advise against if you are blonde and fights against premature hair loss and strengthens the roots.
KAPOOR KACHLI POWDER
It makes hair healthy, thick, shiny and fragrant. Stimulates roots and helps hair growth.
Properties of Kapoor kachli:
- Antioxidant and stimulating, it tones the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Strengthens hair’s shine by making it thicker and shinier at the same time.
- Makes hair easier to untangle and smoother.
- leaves a pleasant, clean scent on the hair.
It has purifying, insecticidal and regulating properties on the scalp. It is a natural anti-lice, it is effective against scalp conditions such as dandruff or psoriasis, dermatitis of the scalp. It protects against minor infections due to pollution.
Property of Neem powder:
- antiseptic, it is repellent against lice.
- relieves itching of the scalp.
- detoxifying, it helps to remove toxins linked to the various pollutions of the hair.
REETHA POWER ( Aritha)
Another natural powder to gently wash your hair. Especially recommended for oily hair. It produces a creamy lather.
Properties of reetha:
- high foaming power
- treat eczema and psoriasis
- eliminates nits and lice.
- recommended for oily hair
- washes hair gently
Rich in vegetable saponins, this cleansing powder is used to prepare vegetable shampoos. In Indian tradition, it is used to make hair soft and silky, prevent dandruff and promote hair growth. Useful for washing all types of hair, it is particularly suitable for the care of tangled and tired hair.
- Gently wash hair and scalp
- Restores shine and strength to hair
- Detangles and gives a silky touch to hair
- Promotes hair growth
- Limits dandruff formation
Like his Indian cousin the shikakaï, it too is a cleansing powder. It is essential when using mixtures with indigo or katam because it is the only way to wash hair without causing it to bleed.
Properties of sidr:
- wash and beautify
- to remedy scalp diseases such as dandruff and hair loss.
- fixes the color of indigo and katam.
- to remedy skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, boils, acne and pimples.
TULSI POWER (Sacred basil)
Antidandruff and natural antibacterial, this powder protects and moisturizes the scalp. Very good remedy against lice.
Properties of Tulsi:
- Deep cleans hair, removes toxins and impurities and invigorates.
- soothes the scalp
- helps to fight against dandruff.
- helps to fight against oily hair
How to use them?
The instructions for using these powders are very simple.
You can mix several powders in the same mask according to your desires and your desires for your hair.
Hot water or milk ( if you seek even more a soft side) to mix your powders and then add if you want moisturizing or nourishing active ingredients ( egg, honey, essential oils, glycerin, yoghurt, active ingredients… ect)….
If you use a washing powder (sidr, reetha, shikakai…), it is not necessarily mandatory to wash your hair unless you feel you need it if you have added things to your drum…
As for the quantities, about 2 soup spoons of each powder. It must be adapted according to its length.
Rinse the mask well to remove the maximum of powder residue, then apply a conditioner but it is not mandatory, if you feel the need to untangle your hair or if you want to use some, you can freely do it, I prefer because it allows to remove the rest of powder that clings the hair… You may have some left when it dries, but all you need to do is brush once it’s dry and everyone will leave.
It is best to apply the mixture to wet or damp hair to facilitate application.
The exposure time is according to your choice, the more possible will be the better.
For the face, the tambouille is as simple, mix the powders you want, add the active or active ingredients of your choice, then leave for 5 to 10 minutes…
Ayurvedic powders do not stain the skin or the bath.
What ingredients should I add to my mask care powders?
This mask can be composed of 3 ingredients, powders + water + oil/AS but you can also customize it according to the nature of your hair and your objectives :
volume: oat milk, rice protein
fall: HE ginger, HE black spruce, HE cypress…
dandruff and itching: peppermint EO (dry peel), citronella EO (greasy peel)
pousse: coconut milk, HE nard jatmasni, HE de bay st Thomas,
hydration: aloe vera, hydratation complex, glycerin
humectant: honey, melasse, marshmallow root
proteins: egg, yoghurt, coconut milk
oily hair: thyme infusion, jojoba hV
Once the ingredients have been chosen, mix the ingredients and let stand at least 30 min before application to release all the active ingredients. Then apply strip by strip and cover with cellophane. Keep at least 2 hours or overnight! Rinse thoroughly and finish with a rinse water!
If you have others powder in mind that I didn’t mention let me know!