I choose to be vegan
Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision.” —Tony Robbins
It’s been a few months today since I bit into a piece of meat. “How do you do it, don’t you miss it?” Absolutely not! I’ve never been a “big fan” of meat so it has easy for me to do it also my religion does not allow me to eat pork, seafood and some others things and my grandma, my mum and aunt are vegan so it was pretty easy to turn vegan.
It requires good will and I really need it because today meat disgusts me but for the fish is not the same I try to avoid to eat it. I do it for myself, for my health, but also for the environment.
Being vegan is very low in animal products, for example, eggs, dairy products…, so you have to take vitamin B12 as a supplement that is almost not found anywhere. It is essential not to be deficient and anaemic I mean essential to red blood cells.
What are the benefits of vegetarianism?
Since I have removed all the toxic foods from my diet I feel better and healthier, less tired, cramps, constipation, kidney problems as you know there is too much acidity in the meat.
Here are some examples and the list is long I will not be able to put everything:
- End of migraines (for some) or reduction of migraines ! placebo or not, the key is to feel good
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis: a diet rich in fibre and potassium helps maintain bone balance (contrary to popular belief, magnesium is not the only contributor), and magnesium alone does not perform its functions well.
- Cancers: and yes, the scourge of our generation, a diet rich in vegetables and poor in meat CAN avoid colon cancer, breast cancer for women (I read a study that shows that vegetarian women have less breast cancer than others).
CVD (cardiovascular disease), hypertension and overweight are also reduced (good news no?)
- Healthier hair, nails and skin! The more vegetables and water you include in your diet, the more beautiful your hair will be.
- Very important, for people who have kidney problems, or having only one live longer when they are vegetarian
- Decrease in bad cholesterol and obesity (from the bullet eh)
- Provide an energy intake , by following a “good” vegetarian diet. As you give your body everything it needs: fibres, magnesium, vegetable protein, iron etc… you feel no fatigue, I was surprised myself and today I have a better quality of life.
- And finally, to top it all off, your life expectancy is extended
Contrary to what people think being vegan and doing fitness work.
The most important thing is to know that by making efforts on your diet, there will be a positive impact on your health and the environment
It’s a journey, it takes time before it’s irreproachable because you have to review everything, rediscover everything, rework everything.
Any advices I can give you ?
If you want to stop eating meat, start eating fish a little more often. Drink almond milk instead of cow’s milk. There are many different and healthy ways to eat. Eating vegetarian is just as appetizing as other dishes!If you have addresses of vegan restaurants the New Jersey, recipes easy to make yourself or tricks do not hesitate I’m a fan!
I’ll leave you with some photos of meals that I prepare.
More pictures on my instagram ===> Here